Title: Chief Financial Officer
Opening Date: 12/7/2010
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Red Cliff Tribal Office/Bayfield, WI
- Directing and managing the Tribal government’s accounting practices.
- Financial planning and advisement.
- Reporting in coordination with the Tribal
Treasurer and Director of Tribal Operations to the Tribal Council.
of and compliance with all applicable internal and external policies, laws and
- Ensuring that work is performed in accordance with the Government
Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) regulations,
laws and policies applicable to Tribal governments.
- Monitoring the financial management
and accounting practices of Tribal entities operating within the Tribal government
- Planning, coordinating, and preparing for year end audits; developing
responses to audit recommendations in a timely manner.
- Developing and fostering
relationships with government agencies, banking and lending institutions, investment
managers, other Tribes, insurers, the financial community by performing the above
stated duties personally or through subordinates.
- Performing related work pursuant
to the duties and responsibilities stated above in conjunction with the philosophy,
mission and goals of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration or a closely related field. (CPA, Master’s Degree preferred).
a minimum of five (5) years or progressively more responsible financial, accounting
and supervisory experience with last three years at the executive management
- Requires advanced knowledge of governmental and business accounting and
auditing standards and practices.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in governmental
accounting and experience with Tribal government and funding agencies required.
independent decision making skills supported by excellent analytical skills and
- Must have the ability to direct and supervise multiple
projects simultaneously as well as the finance department staff.
- Must have excellent
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be familiar
with accounting, management and office software systems. Familiarity with MIP
accounting software preferred.
- Knowledge of Native American culture, Tribal Governmental
- Familiarity with Federal and State appropriation processes so timely
recommendations can be made.
- Knowledge of indirect cost allocations, proposal
submission and negotiations with appropriate agency representatives.
- Valid driver’s
license, adequate transportation and must be eligible for Tribe’s vehicle
- Native American preference will be observed in the hiring process.
subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal history background check.
For more information or to submit your resume:
Red Cliff Band Lake Superior Chippewas
88385 Pike Rd., HWY 13
Bayfield, WI 54814
715-779-3700 ext 267 Phone