This is a reminder that the 2022 National Indian Gaming Association's Annual Membership Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, April 20th beginning at 8:30 am. The Meeting will be held during the Indian Gaming Tradeshow & Convention in Anaheim, CA, at the Anaheim Convention Center and will feature elections for Vice-Chairman, Treasurer, and Caucus selection of the National Indian Gaming Association's Regional Representatives.
ELIGIBILITY TO VOTE AT THE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING IS MET BY THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- The Member Tribe must be current in their annual dues for 2022.
- A Member Tribe must be a federally recognized tribe, community, rancheria, colony, pueblo, band, nation, or other federally recognized tribal group or community of Indians (hereafter referred to as Tribe);
- A current resolution must be on file committing the Tribe to the purposes and policies of the National Indian Gaming Association and designating a representative of the Tribe to sit on the Board of Directors (please note that an official resolution must be on file prior to naming your delegates to the National Indian Gaming Association for them to be eligible to vote);
TO BE A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE FOR A POSITION ON THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, ONE MUST:
- Have been nominated by the Board of Directors or any three Member Tribes at least 120 days before the date of the election meeting, or have been nominated by any Member Tribe from the floor at the election meeting upon a motion duly made and seconded;
- Be a designated representative of a Member Tribe and an enrolled member of a Tribe.
The authorized voting representative of a Member Tribe must visit the National Indian Gaming Association Tribal Membership booth to pick up the voting ribbon. Member Tribes' delegations are encouraged to visit the NIGA Tribal Membership booth with any questions or concerns they may have relating to their Tribe's eligibility to vote or to put forth a nominee for a position on the Executive Committee or Board of Directors. Member Tribes can submit dues and resolutions to the National Indian Gaming Association Tribal Membership booth on-site if such items have not been provided prior to the Meeting.
ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN AND TREASURER:
The election of Vice-Chairman and Treasurer: the call for final nominations and the election will occur as the first order of business on the first day of the membership meeting on April 20th, 2022. These officers shall be elected at the National Indian Gaming Association Annual Membership Meeting by a majority vote of the Member Tribes eligible to vote. Nominations for these positions may be made from the floor by any Member Tribe during any session of the Annual Meeting upon motion duly made and seconded. No person shall be eligible to be an officer or member of the Executive Committee unless he or she is the designated representative of a Member Tribe to the Board of Directors and is an enrolled member of a Tribe. Only duly authorized Delegates or Alternates are permitted to cast their vote on behalf of their Tribe in this election. Only one vote per member Tribe is allowed.
ELECTION OF REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVES TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
The Board of Directors shall consist of the Executive Committee Officers (Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer) and a representative elected by Member Tribes from each National Indian Gaming Association Region during the Regional Caucuses.
These regional representatives shall be selected by a majority vote of Member Tribes from such region. The Member Tribes from the region may also elect up to two alternates to serve in the absence of the elected representative or first alternate. No person shall be eligible to serve on the Executive Committee unless he or she is the designated representative of a Member Tribe to the Board of Directors and is an enrolled member of a Tribe. The National Indian Gaming Association shall be officially notified of such selection by receipt of a resolution of the Member Tribes of the Region certifying that such election had been held in accordance with the National Indian Gaming Association By-laws.
Regional Caucuses have been scheduled for Wednesday, April 20th at 12 pm and Thursday, April 21st at 11 am, location TBA. These caucuses are the only authorized forum under the NIGA By-laws for the election of regional representatives. Locations of specific regional caucus meeting rooms will be posted at the Annual Membership Meeting.
If you have any questions, please call Danielle Her Many Horses, Deputy Executive Director, at email@example.com.